8. März 2011

European Open in Laax 2011 a sunny 4th place and a broken toe.

After coming home from India, I became really sick and couldn’t eat proper for one week. I still went to Austria to do the Austrian Open where I ended up in 6th place and missed the finals by one place. My stomach was even worse after and I had to rest at home to get some power back for the European Freeski Open in Laax, Switzerland.
Surprisingly the Euro Open Slopestyle Training started with bluebird and sun and even more surprisingly, the weather stayed like this the whole week. I had a pretty good first training day and felt good. The next day, something really sad happened, my friend, Lena Stoffel, blew her knee. I was shocked and had to quit training. Once again it showed me, that it is just a matter of time who is next. I’m really sorry for Lena but also really proud how strong she dealt with it. Lena, I’m confident, you’ll be back stronger than ever.
The Semis and Finals took place the next day and I really had to focus after I missed one whole training day. Again, the weather was really nice and I had fun skiing the course. After Semis, I qualified 4th for the Finals and also ended up being 4th all over with my first run. I crashed my second run and broke my toe on the last jump coming little short after a big spread eagle. Well, I’m stoked about the 4th place and well, it’s just a toe.
Yeah made it to the Finals! Pic by Christian Stadler
Pic by Christian Stadler
Pic by Andi Wittmann
Pic by Christian Stadler
Should train some jibbing now, for being on the podium the next time(-;
How does a broken toe feel??