8. Februar 2011

First FIS Slopestyle Worldchampionchips in Park City!

Last week, the first German National Team, including Lena Stoffel, Beni Mayer, Roy Kittler, Sebi Geiger, Flo Geyer and myself travelled to Park City in Utah, to the first FIS slopestyle World Champs ever. I can tell you, that it was quite an experience, a really cold one actually. The wind and the slow snow made the 2 days training on the jumps pretty much impossible. On the Quali Day, Lena and me had to be up the hill, before the sun was rising. It was -25°C and I got already in training a painful frostbite on my nose.
Even if the Quali was better with speed, and I actually had fun, I felt on my second run. That's why I ended up beeing 15. and unfortunalty to finals for me.
Well, it was an experience and next time can just be better....
Nice to be back in warm, 10°C, Germany(-;
Caja
Check out the FIS Worldchamp course in the background.
Me&elk
Lena&me
Opening ceremony!
Weird people in Park City(-;